You will take a leisurely stroll through the heart of Carmel, taste a specially-selected variety of foods and wines from local restaurants and boutique shops, and become acquainted with the unique history and culture of this magical city.
Our Downtown Food Tour is a three-hour, guided tour of Carmel’s most interesting attractions. Our tour offers food tastings from seven unique eateries coupled with insightful presentations of Carmel’s cultural, historical, and architectural highlights provided by knowledgeable and entertaining local guides.
Our 1.2 mile tour is suitable for all fitness levels, open to all children, but is most appropriate for ages thirteen and up. See FAQ for additional comments about children
Whether you are an occasional visitor or a Carmel resident, our walking tour is the perfect way to get to know the culture, sights and food of Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Let us take you on a voyage of discovery of the best of Carmel-by-the-Sea!
Carmel Tours – For The Food
Let us take you on a voyage of culinary delights. Enjoy the tastes from seven of Carmel’s most unique restaurants and specialty shops. We’re sure you’ll find that these flavorful and well-balanced tastings add up to an enjoyable lunch that is both pleasant and filling.
Carmel Tours – For The History
Take a stroll through the culture and architecture that make Carmel-by-the-Sea California’s most unique artist’s colony. Our tour guides are eager to share their passion and knowledge of Carmel with you and provide you with a glimpse into local area flavor, culture, art, architecture, and history. Who knows, you might even see the occasional celebrity!
Your Carmel tour will last about three hours and offer you delicious nibbles that are an adequate lunch for most, all included in the ticket price of $69.00.
Delicious food specialties are served on the Carmel Food Tour (subject to change):
- The Cheese Shop Carmel Cheese mecca and specialty food and wine shop
- Casanova Restaurant Carmel’s Most Romantic Restaurant, 34,000-bottle wine cellar
- Salumeria Luca Italian Delicatessen with house-made cheese and specialty salumi
- The Bountiful Basket Large selection of olive oils and flavored vinegars, local wines
- La Bicyclette Wood-fired breads, pizzas, European-style dining
- Figge Cellars Local, hand-crafted, small-batch wines
- Lula’s Chocolates Locally-made confections, family owned for more than 100 years