Reviewed by FoodTourFinder!
See our review in the Comments section
We have all tried to find “the” place to eat—where the locals go, yet undiscovered by the tourists, where it’s possible to order like the locals and enjoy a delicious meal that it would be nearly impossible to discover on your own. This sensation of being away from home and yet a part of the local scene is what our “TAPAS LOVER Tour” is all about.
The Food Lover Tour, as the name suggests, is first and foremost a tour created for lovers of good food—‘foodies’ wishing to explore the local cuisine who want to enjoy their stay in Barcelona while having fun and avoiding the typical tourist traps. Where the locals go, we go! This tapas tour is a very laid back experience with a few stops including a gastronomic dinner in the local and most loved areas in Barcelona. You’d like to know where we go and what we eat? Come and join us on the Tapas Lover Tour.
We partner with a very small group of tapas restaurants that we believe are serving the best tapas—hot and cold appetizers and snacks—in Barcelona. On this tour, we will enjoy exclusive visits to bodegas, taverns and restaurants that offer sensational traditional foods and wines popular with the local community.
Local Experience Guaranteed, Including a Gastronomic Dinner
The first stop takes place in a local “after hour bar/restaurant” very well-known by the people of Barcelona for its good atmosphere; this is where we will start our tour with a few appetizers and drinks. Here, we’ll familiarize you with the basics of our culture’s approach to dining.
At our second stop we’ll continue enjoying appetizers, but these will be quite different from our first stop. We’ll taste succulent, heartier tapas paired with typical drinks that form the identity of our Spanish and Catalan culture and are very appreciated among the locals.
The final tapas experience is a proper gastronomic and gourmet dinner. The Food Lover Tour has been granted access to some of the “most coveted” and “must see” restaurants in town. Sit down, relax and enjoy a true culinary adventure for foodies, including the best fresh local foods, seasonal meals, wine pairings and great company. Time to enjoy! Welcome to Barcelona and welcome to the Tapas Lover Tour!
• Meeting point: Gaudi’s La Pedrera (Casa Milá), Passeig de Gràcia 92.
• Starting time at 7:30PM until 11:30PM.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Minimum 2 person per tour.
• Minimum age: 10 years old.
• Tapas tasting menus and pairing drinks included in price. The combination of the three tapas tasting menus consists of many individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal.
• Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 1Km divided in 3 lenghts.
• Languages: English, French, Spanish, German and Italian.