Reviewed by FoodTourFinder!
See our review in the Comments section
EXPERIENCE THE CULTURE, HISTORY & CULINARY DELIGHTS OF SOUTH BEACH
Join us at the South Beach Miami Food Tour to savor tasty treasures inside the beating heart of Miami Beach during a fun and engaging architectural, historical and walking tour of the Art Deco Historic District, with a culinary twist. Enjoy delicious tastings at hole-in-the-wall and mom & pop type of restaurants. Taste the best of Miami Beach’s global cuisine (“melting-pot”) with its predominate Latin, European, and American comfort food, uncovering the hidden hotspots for ceviche, authentic empanadas, homemade Cuban dishes, Refajo drink and much more. You will sit and relax while savoring different dishes, as well as stand and eat on the go as in a cosmopolitan city.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE:
– Hear the dramatic, inspiring history & architecture of the Art Deco district.
– Get to see different movie locations and learn about the most important landmarks in the district.
– Visit local favorite restaurants and hole-in-the wall delicious ethnic eateries.
– Enjoy tastings at places where locals eat and get to know what restaurants to avoid.
– Meet people from all over the world who bond in the common interest for great culinary findings.
All food in included in the ticket price and equivalent to a full meal
ARTISAN FLORIBBEAN CUISINE
Savor one of the freshest ceviche (“seh-BEE-chay”) in town – done the traditional way. Ceviche is an old tradition in South America. Try a delicious ceviche with passion fruit, canchita and other authentic ingredients at a beautiful tavern where you will experience the real local ambiance. A cooling beer cocktail enhances the experience at this local gem labelled ‘Best Colombian Restaurant in Miami Beach’ by The Sun Post
MIAMIAN’S FAVORITE BITE
Get a lesson of empanadas and try the most popular among locals. Crunchy on the outside filled with beef and smoked potato inside, this traditional empanada with ahi sauce will make a perfect start to your edible journey.
A TASTE OF OLD HAVANA
Enjoy the local ambiance, and an old Havana atmosphere in this beloved local institution, while devouring a Cuban classic. Get to taste homemade mojo with your main dish of beef ropa vieja and sweet plantains mariquitas. Learn the secrets of Cuban cuisine as your guide explains each of the ingredients of this delectable dish.
Run by a young family from Verona, Italy, their vegetarian pocket made with a 300 year old recipe “mother dough” filled with homemade pesto, feta cheese, spinach and other delectable ingredients will leave you wondering how can you make another stop at this all-organic hole-in-the wall place that you certainly should not miss while you are back in the neighborhood
You can almost taste the air of old-world Miami-glam as you float up the steps through the grand art deco entrance of the Tides South Beach hotel where interiors are golden and glamorous. Once owned by Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace, learn the different components of what makes its luxurious interiors classic Art Deco. Tempt your senses with delicious Moroccan Cuisine at the hands of chef Omar.
A SWEET & SALTY TREAT
Crispy crunchy on the outside, moist and light on the inside combined with a sweet and salty special coating, this Spanish treat filled with homemade dulce de leche is served hot for a melt-in-your-mouth experience served minutes after made at a casual cafeteria
The finest Italian ingredients melt languidly in the mouth with award-winning gelato – rightfully winning the title of “Best Gelato in Miami” by The Miami New Times
Taverna Bolivar, The Tides Hotel South Beach, Manolos on the Beach, Habanos Cuban Cuisine or Larios On The Beach, Blocks Deli, Milani Gelateria.
WHY TAKE A TOUR WITH US:
– We are not your typical tour guide. We are local food experts who are energetic, fun, passionate and filled with wonderful neighborhood stories to share.
– Our guests get VIP treatment; preferred restaurant sections are assigned, and dishes served within minutes after we sit down.
– Generous servings to cater for every appetite.
– We keep our tours small giving everyone a personalized experience.
– We will introduce you to some of the best local places most visitors would never find.
We fully cater for vegetarians and/or non-beef, non-chicken, non-pork or non-fish diets. People that require gluten-free diets will have to pass on some of the tastings. We are not able to accommodate food allergies.