- A presentation of cacao, how it grows and is harvested
- Presentation of the chocolate making process “from beans to bar”
- Roasting of the cacao beans
- Cacao Husk removal
- Grinding of the cacao nibs with a mortar and pestle similar to the metate and mano used by the Mayas
- Refining and conching of the cacao paste in a melangeur
- Preparation of 3 chocolate drinks : Cacao tea, Mayan hot chocolate, European hot chocolate
- Preparation of your own chocolates, with a selection of ingredients: almonds, nuts, coffee beans…
- Tasting of cacao tea
- Tasting of a two hot chocolates
- You can leave with your own handmade chocolate bar and bring it back to your friends and family, 30 min after the end of the workshop
HOW DO I ENROLL?
Workshops can be done any day, at 11am, 1.30pm or 4pm.
Just book at least a day in advance (but we always try to be even more flexible):
- Book at ChocoMuseo’s reception or
- e-mail us: Guatemala@ChocoMuseo.com or
- call us: (+502) 7832 4520
A minimum of 3 people per workshop is requested.
WHAT IS THE PRICE?
The 2 hours “from beans to bar” workshop costs Q 150 per adult and Q 120 per kid from 4 to 12 years old.