Estancia Vik José Ignacio, inspired by the magnificent landscape of José Ignacio, its vast rolling hills, rugged countryside and proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, has been designed to preserve the untouched beauty of its natural surroundings. A traditional Uruguayan barbeque has been built at the north side of the Estancia, mirroring the ancient tin galpons found wherever the gauchos roamed; this too having the traditional tin walls with a large central fireplace or “fogon.” Marcelo Legrand, a notable Uruguayan artist, who also designed one of the Estancia’s suites, has painted the walls and ceiling in his brilliantly chaotic style, bringing a contemporary flair to this traditional space.
Food enthusiasts now have the opportunity to live a day in the life of a gaucho at Estancia Vik. Guests can now experience and indulge in a traditional South American barbeque through this unique package.
- Prepare the coals according to tradition with master Chef Marcelo
- Go fishing in the local lagoon
- Travel down to the beach to meet the fishermen who bring in the catch of the day
- Pick fresh herbs in the organic garden
- Learn how to cook the food according to the ancient traditions
- $150 per person