Enjoy amazing food while soaking up fascinating history on our lunchtime walking tours. Come hungry, because on our fully narrated Dallas tours you’ll enjoy several generous tastings at hand-picked eateries. Food Tours of America offers more than just lunch, and more than just a tour. Food, beverages, and local cultural and historic attractions are all included!
Savor signature dishes during our Dallas tours that highlight our Southern cuisine. Enough for lunch, we dine on authentic Tex-Mex, local specialty dishes and so much more! With each tasty bite, you’ll learn about each restaurant’s commitment to quality – whether it’s organic ingredients, original recipes or made from scratch dishes! Sit back and relax on our Dallas tours as your guide tells the tales of these unique eateries. Even longtime residents on our Dallas tours will be surprised and delighted by each restaurant’s rich history and deep connection to our community.
In between tastings, stroll with us through tree lined streets, shopping villages, and outdoor cafes while your knowledgeable guide entertains you with insider details about our great city that can’t be found on any other Dallas tours or in any guidebook. Our Dallas tours also feature historical attractions native to each neighborhood, some of which are best explored by foot. These easy walks and indulgent tastings make for a truly enjoyable afternoon off the beaten path. Let Food Tours of America help you escape from the fast pace of the everyday, and really savor Dallas, one step at a time.
Highlights of our Uptown Dallas Tours
- Generous restaurant tastings, enough for lunch!
- Entertaining stories of the rich history and culture of Dallas.
- The McKinney Avenue Trolley of Uptown, a restored antique rail car system with the oldest running trolley car in the nation.
- The West Village Shopping District, the heart of Dallas’ Uptown Neighborhood.
- The State Thomas Historic District – Dallas’ oldest surviving neighborhood and largest collection of 1880’s Victorian homes.
- Dallas’ most notable cemeteries.
- Independent community theaters and contemporary art galleries.
- Food Tours of America, locally owned and dedicated solely to food tours
- BBQ Brisket Nachos sautéed in a spicy BBQ sauce and pineapple pico de gallo
- Hand stuffed Chicken & Cheese Jalapeno
- Mini Chimichanga served with queso and sour cream
- Frozen Margarita (Nominated Best Margarita in Dallas)
- “Mac Daddy Dog” wrapped in bacon, lightly fried and topped with macaroni & cheese, chili, more cheese & a Tearjerker Onion Ring
- “Tater Balls” natural & sweet potato tots
- Fried Hostess Twinkie topped with vanilla ice cream, powdered with sugar, and drizzled with chocolate sauce
- One of a kind Pork & Beans Brownie with sour cream icing
- Freshly baked, made from scratch Cake Ball Confections
- Texas Sweet Iced Tea or a Hot Coffee from a Texas Coffee Roaster with choice of flavored syrups
Time: Tours begin late morning to early afternoon. Check schedule & availabilityDuration: Approximately 2.5 hrs.
Cost: $45 per ticket, plus tax. Ages 12 & above.
Included: Food, beverages, local attractions.
Capacity: Up to sixteen people per tour.
Private Events: Custom tours for any size group.
Dietary Restrictions: With notice, we can fulfill most requests.
Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, casual clothing and sunscreen.
Weather: Tours held rain, shine, heat, snow.
Meet: McKinney Ave. in Uptown. Minutes from downtown hotels and convention center.
Exact meeting location sent with ticket purchase.