Reviewed by FoodTourFinder!
See our review in the Comments section
San Francisco’s famous Haight Ashbury neighborhood is most well-known for its hippie days. This time we’ll take you on a trip worth remembering through The Haight and Cole Valley culinary scene on this “Eat Your Drink” food tour. You’ll have the unique opportunity to explore Second Act’s hidden garden where one of America’s top cocktail bars sources its cocktail ingredients, to sample Russian piroshkis, and to finish with an exclusive dessert drink made by San Francisco’s only soda jerks at an authentic soda fountain. What a delicious way to be a culinary insider!
Taste off-menu “piggy” tacos and bacon Mexican hot chocolate from one of San Francisco’s best loved food trucks, Bacon Bacon now turned brick-and-mortar
Go behind the scenes into Second Act’s private garden where Alembic sources herbs for it’s experimental cocktails and then sip on the Southern Exposure cocktail and paired pickled quail eggs inside Food & Wine Magazine’s #1 best craft cocktail bar in America from gastropub owner Dave McLean
Watch a demo of how a piroshki is made and then bite into a savory beef and cheese piroshki from the Second Act Marketplace’s gem, Anda Piroshki
Sample and learn about Taylor’s Tonics and unusual sodas and saltwater taffy from a unique soda pop shop, The Fizzary, boasting over 900 different sodas
Sip on a Green Russian, a Dill Lactart Soda developed exclusively for Avital Tours by Virginia Miller at New York Times acclaimed Ice Cream soda fountain featuring over 75 tinctures
* Stops and tastings are subject to change based on availability. We can accommodate most dietary restrictions with advance notice. Vegetarian option available.
- Meet chefs, bar managers, and industry experts and chat with them!
- Tour and exclusive menu items developed in conjunction with one of San Francisco’s top food writers, Virginia Miller of The Perfect Spot and SF Editor of Zagat
- Available Sundays 2:30pm-5:30pm
- Flat route with two slight hills, approximately 1 mile
- Begins in front of Victorian Row at the corner of Waller and Masonic (20 minutes from Downtown San Francisco)
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Tour can accommodate non-alcoholic drinkers including children
- Advance Tickets are required