Join DC Metro Chocolate Tours as we uncover the sweet side of Dupont Circle. Dupont Circle is located in the “Old City” of Washington, D.C. — the area planned by architect Pierre Charles L’Enfant — but remained largely undeveloped until after the American Civil War, when there was a large influx of new residents. Improvements made in the 1870s by a board of public works headed by Alexander “Boss” Shepherd transformed the area into a fashionable residential neighborhood.
Our exclusive 2 ½ hour walking tour highlights the beauty, lifestyle and architecture of Dupont Circle, including world-famous (and infamous!) chocolatiers. Sample chocolate at its best while learning the rich history behind our chocolate delights, all while strolling along some of the most famous streets in the world.
Some of our chocolate destinations include:
- Feature stop: The Melting Pot – Chocolate fondue-dipped strawberries and delights – need we say more?
- Meet the sisters at Chocolate Chocolate, one of Dupont Circle’s most famous chocolate shops, who has a tray of their famous house truffles waiting just for you!
- Experience a hands-on session of chocolate molding and dipping in this cozy boutique store. (returns in September)
- Explore chocolate from different parts of the world with this international chocolatier.
- One of the most famous international chocolatiers, Godiva has opened its doors to allow samplings of its renowned seasonal offerings.
You’ll pick up plenty of samples as you go, plus tips on tasting, buying, and storing chocolate. You’ll also receive our VIP card, good for discounts and VIP treatment at DC Metro Chocolate Tour partners citywide! The Dupont Delights Chocolate Tour meets on Saturdays at Firehook Bakery. The walk is about 1.5 miles, and ends a few blocks away from our meeting location. Advance tickets are required, and our tour size is limited to 14. Be sure to reserve your space today!
Every Saturday from 12:45PM – 3:15pm
$48 per person