Istanbul Cooking Class Vacation
Like the spice market, Istanbul’s cuisine combines the best of the Mediterranean diet with Middle Eastern culinary traditions. Join Selin, a self-trained home cook, for private, hands-on cooking classes in her Turkish home. We say make yourselves at home and we mean it! Recipes are geared to the home cook. Cooking classes are designed to be a full immersion into Turkish gastronomic culture and include the preparation of authentic Turkish dishes, traditional recipes and the learning of the basic techniques of Turkish cooking. Recipes vary according to the season, utilizing only the freshest ingredients available and providing you with a deeply individual Turkish experience. The best part is the conclusion: Tasting your creations!
During your cooking class vacation in Istanbul, you will stay at a boutique, luxury hotel in the desirable Pera district. Your hotel is conveniently located a short walk to the popular Beyouglu area restaurants and just steps away from the tram to the historic Sultanahmet district. Your welcome and farewell dinners have been carefully crafted to expose you to typical modern Turkish dishes as well as historical Ottoman dishes once enjoyed by the Sultans and lovingly recreated from the archives of the Topaki Palace kitchens. As part of your cooking tour, Selin will accompany you to the famous Egyptian Spice Market where you can marvel at the variety of specialty culinary products available and purchase some to recreate your Turkish cooking class creations at home! In your free time you can explore Istanbul on your own, or you can participate in one or more of our culinary and cultural excursion options.
- Four nights accommodations in a luxurious boutique hotel in the desirable Pera neighborhood, including breakfast
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner, including wine
- 2 cooking lessons followed by 2 lunches based on the class, including wine
- Visit to the famous Egyptian Spice Market
- Transfers to and from the Ataturk airport and hotel
- Transportation to and from the welcome and farewell dinners
- Recipe booklet of the dishes learned
- A souvenir apron
- Taxes and service