Join DC Metro Chocolate Tours as we uncover the sweet side of U Street, known as “Black Broadway”, it has been the heart of the African American music scene for over half a century. Once the home of Duke Ellington, it remains a vibrant and exciting neighborhood and a great one for some amazing chocolate. This tour also touches Adams Morgan and the outskirts of Dupont Circle. Our exclusive 2 1/2 hour walking tour highlights the beauty, lifestyle and vibe of the area and includes world-famous (and infamous!) chocolatiers. Sample chocolate at its best while learning the rich history behind our chocolate delights, all while strolling along some of the most famous streets in the world.
Some of our favorite chocolate destinations include:
- Biagio Fine Chocolates who has a wealth of special and exotic chocolates waiting for us
- ACKC is DC’s destination for hot & frozen cocoa drinks and incredible hand-made chocolate confections.
- Find out why Belgian chocolate is the best at this cozy cafe and chocolatier
- Experience a divine brownie at this famous café and bakery
- Indulge in the best chocolate mousse at this hidden French Bistro
- Take in a wall of Japanese and other exotic chocolates at this famous corner grocer
You’ll pick up plenty of samples as you go, plus tips on tasting, buying, and storing chocolate. You’ll also receive our VIP card, good for discounts and VIP treatment at DC Metro Chocolate Tour partners citywide! The DC Metro U-Street Chocolate Lovers Tour meets on Saturday afternoons at 3:30pm at ACKC. The walk is about 1.5 miles, and ends on at Biagio on 18th Street/ Advance tickets are required, and our tour size is limited to 14. Be sure to reserve your space today!
$48 per person