Delhi Food Tours (DFT) provides customized food tours that give you opportunity to explore a variety of Indian cuisines as they can only be found in the local eateries of New Delhi. Each tour consists of tastings at 4-6 different restaurants along with a Tea Tasting conducted under the guidance of a professional tea taster. The idea is to experience food from across India within the geographical confines of New Delhi.
DFT offers both lunch and dinner tours that are available 7 days a week.
Unlike typical tour companies, DFT conducts tours for groups of 2-8 people per meal with a minimum of one food guide per 4 people. Thanks to our focus on small groups; tours are customized on the basis of spice tolerance, allergies, and sensitivities of each guest. All tours are conducted by Prashant and/or Ayesha personally (refer to the ‘Meet the Foodaholics’ page).
The fixed price of Rs. 4,000 (US$80) per person includes unlimited food, soft drinks, bottled water, hand sanitizer, wet wipes and transport (subject to location).
On this lunch tour, we take you on a culinary journey through Delhi’s best street food joints. You can expect to experience lunch like a true Delhiite. What we have in store for you includes canteen style express South Indian food, delicate kababs from North Western India cooked slowly on a charcoal grill, Delhi’s famous butter chicken and Dal Makhani, sinful biryani cooked and served in sealed claypots, vegetarian snacks from West India and Sweets from everywhere!
How much you can eat is entirely up to you. We recommend eating a little bit at each place to save space so that you can experience as many places as possible.
This tour takes approximately 2-3 hours. Subject to your location, we will pick you up at 12:30 PM.
Pick up/drop from within South and Central Delhi (except Karol Bagh): This tour costs Rs. 4000 per person which is approximately US$ 80. This includes transport, food and non-alcoholic drinks.
Pick up/drop from anywhere in Gurgaon or Noida: This tour costs Rs. 5500 per person which is approximately US$ 105. This includes transport, food and non-alcoholic drinks.
The fixed price includes unlimited food, soft drinks, bottled water, hand sanitizer, wet wipes and transport (subject to location).
Guidelines for the tours:
- All prices include transport. If you are staying within South or Central Delhi (except Karol Bagh) or taking the Gurgaon/Noida package, the car/van will pick you up from your hotel, be with you for the entire duration of your tour and then drop you back to your hotel: If you are staying elsewhere, we will pick you up from and drop you to a mutually agreed pick up point.
- All tours will be conducted by Prashant and/or Ayesha.
- Skipping the preceding meal is highly advisable.
- Dress code applicable for Standard Lunch, Standard Dinner and Lunch outside Delhi: Ladies are requested to dress conservatively. Shorts, short skirts and spaghetti straps are to be avoided. Elastic is highly recommended across all packages.
- There are no limits on the number of people we can cater to on a given package. However all packages can be arranged on an exclusive and private basis at an extra cost, if there are no previous bookings for that date.
- We encourage you to help us serve you better. Please do let us know if you have any preferences/allergies/dislikes well in advance so that we can mould the tour around you. We try to customize and tailor the packages to our clients’ tastes, so please do speak to us and tell us what you expect or prefer.
DISCLAIMER: The owners of www.delhifoodtours.com do not accept any responsibility or liability for any adverse medical condition whatsoever arising out of the items consumed on tours. Any and all consumption of items is entirely at the risk of the person consuming them. Medical insurance is advisable while travelling. Sensitivities or allergies to any kind of food are to be advised in advance.