Delicious Israel offers foodies and culture-seekers a unique and adventurous way to vacation and connect with Israel – through their passion. Our culinary and boutique specialty tours are limited to small groups so that together we can veer off the beaten path to eat, explore, learn and experience the authentic “insider” scene of Israeli lifestyle, history and culture.
Sample itinerary, Carmel area:
Just an hour away from Tel Aviv, the Carmel region combines a multi-cultural environment (Jewish, Arab and Druze populations co-existing) with a rich land ripe for producing high-quality foods.
We will visit a variety of local producers including:
- Visit to goat farm, meeting with the owner, and tastings of homemade goat cheeses
- Wine tasting with the winemaker or owner at a boutique winery
- Learning and tasting at a spice shop that grows the herbs/spices locally – the “Toys-R-Us for foodies”
- Druze hospitality in the home of a Druze woman that cooks incredible local ethnic foods from recipes passed down through the generations
- Optional visits to: ancient olive oil press (organic olives and café), homemade jam producer, boutique organic beer brewery and/or organic wine makers, artisanal chocolate maker.
Time: 7-8 hours
Similar safaris can be arranged in the Jerusalem Hills, Galil, Golan Heights