On the Taste of Northern Liberties tour, eat your way through one of Philly’s undiscovered foodie meccas on this 2 ½ -hour tour that includes tasty treats at 5 fantastic hotspots as well as the inside story about some local architectural gems. Your foray into NoLibs will undoubtedly introduce you to your new favorite haunts! This adventure is served up with a generous helping of humor and a side of neighborhood history.
Come hungry! This tour will bring you to 5 great eateries, including:
- A great café for a fun and uber trendy treat – bubble tea.
- A soulful restaurant for a tasty trio of rib-stickin’, southern icons – fried green tomatoes, hushpuppies, and mac & cheese.
- A truly authentic Italian restaurant for fresh, handmade pasta & rosemary-studded foccacia. You’ll also enjoy a pasta-making demonstration led by a fantastic chef.
- A comfortable, neighborhood pub to quench your thirst with an iconic NoLibs brew.
- The flagship location of Philly’s ultimate cheesecake bakery. You’ll forget everything you think you know about cheesecake when you dig into generous portions of two of their most popular flavors – bananas foster and chocolate mousse.
While enjoying every tantalizing morsel, we’ll share interesting tidbits about how they’re made, where they got their start, and who made them famous. But it’s not just about the restaurants! Your fun and entertaining expert will introduce you to all the area highlights, including the largest privately-owned public park on the East Coast, what remains of the historic Schmidt’s Brewery, the Piazza at Schmidt’s, Liberties Walk, and much more. Along the short walk between bites, we’ll share tales of the neighborhood’s remarkable rise from unsavory industrial zone to vibrant green community.
Schedule and Pricing:
Saturday and Sunday: 1:30pm
$38/person (Gratuity not included)
This public tour is not designed for children under the age of 14.