A Cuban Inspired Food & Cultural Walking Tour
Get to know Miami beyond South Beach & venture to off-the-beaten-path places for curious eaters
- Visit family-owned restaurants, and get the story behind the foods.
- Our specialty is smaller, non-touristy, more remotely located hole-in-the-wall-type places.
- Stories and background of the foods we sample and meet the people who make them.
- We avoid crowds so you can experience the intimate charm of each unique place we visit.
Meet in Little Havana, a lively, family-friendly neighborhood, and begin a guided edible journey through one of Miami’s oldest neighborhoods. Learn about traditional, rustic Cuban cuisine by tasting and walking your way through the must-visit street in the area — Calle Ocho. This tour is designed for both locals and visitors who want to learn about the area’s history and culture while tasting Cuban foods that have been prepared by the same families from recipes handed down through generations. Meet local artists, watch cigar rollers, take a peek at Domino Park – all while getting the insights of a vibrant Miami neighborhood. This guided, narrated food tour is both a cultural and a culinary experience. All food tastings, enough for lunch, are included in the ticket price.
- Taste a Cuban classic at a restaurant that is a true Cuban institution.
- Learn and taste about Mariquitas or Malanga Frita
- Enjoy chicken and picadillo stuffed plantain cups.
- Step back in old Cuba and taste guarapo juice (or what’s fresh and in season) at a family run fruteria.
- The best guava pastelito in town (seriously)
- You’ll try a cafe Cubano crafted by the most talented barista in town: Betty!
- Homemade mamey and flan icecream.
DAY AND TIME: Saturdays at 12:30 pm Book Now
PRICE: $59 per person (includes all food and beverages)
DURATION: 2 hours
FOOD STOPS: 6 with tastings at each stop (enough food for lunch!).
WALKING DISTANCE: 8 blocks
WHO: All age groups and fitness levels.
WEATHER: Tour takes place rain or shine.
DRESS: Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
MEETING POINT: Calle 8. Exact address disclosed with ticket purchase.