Get to know Miami beyond South Beach and venture to off-the-beaten-path places for curious eaters. This Food Tour is all about experiencing Traditional (Rustic) Cuban Cuisine.
- Visit family-owned restaurants, and get the story behind the foods.
- Our specialty is smaller, non-touristy, more remotely located hole-in-the-wall-type places.
- Stories and background of the foods we sample and meet the people who make them.
- We avoid crowds so you can experience the intimate charm of each unique place we visit.
Meet in Little Havana, a lively, family-friendly neighborhood, and begin a guided edible journey through one of Miami’s oldest neighborhoods. Learn about traditional, rustic Cuban cuisine by tasting your way through the must-visit street in the area — Calle Ocho. This tour is designed for both locals and visitors who want to learn about the area’s history while tasting some of the most delicious foods that have been prepared by the same families from recipes handed down through generations. Meet local artists, watch cigar rollers, take a peek at Domino Park – all while getting the insights of a vibrant Miami neighborhood.
“And while Little Havana has always been a mouthwatering Mecca of Cuban food, visiting this neighborhood on a Miami Culinary Tour is like having your own private Rosetta Stone, without all the annoying repetition.”
– Lesley Abravanel Editor/Jet Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Our guided, narrated food tour is both a cultural and a culinary experience. All food tastings, more than enough for lunch, are included in the ticket price.
Delicious foods are savored at the Little Havana Food Tour:
- You will try the best prepared coladita in town (seriously)
- Cuban Mixto — leave knowing the history behind this legendary sandwich and how to differentiate the two types that are prominent in the state of Florida.
- Mariquitas — learn how these plantain delicacies became a favorite snack.
- Maduros omelette — this tasting is specially for foodies. Plus surprise your friends & family when you prepare this amazing dish at home!
- Masitas — a must-try (pork) Cuban classic.
- Yuca Frita — a staple of Cuban cuisine.
- Tropical fruit juices — Guarapo juice and mamey tastings (we sample what’s in season) — they are all very good for you!
- Sweet time — taste a savory, home-style Cuban dessert based on a recipe that has been handed down through generations.
*Tastings and stops are subject to change without notice. Please note that on summertime walking route is shortened.