Reviewed by FoodTourFinder!
See our review in the Comments section
With its narrow cobblestone streets and laneways, Trastevere is the quintessential Roman neighborhood. While by night it is a happening destination for tourists and locals, during the day, Trastevere is like a small village with its timeless and artisan shops serving the same local families for generations.
On this 4-hour guided walking food tour we eat our way through the neighborhood enjoying 10 delicious food tastings. Visit the local, colorful outdoor food market and meet the wonderful families working hard to preserve Roman food traditions. This tour features some unique cultural and historical sites that few tourists get an opportunity to see. Join us for a day like no other.
- Sample the fresh ingredients at one of Rome’s most historic outdoor food markets
- Meet the Polica family who have been selling meats and cheeses at Antica Caciara, their famous delicatessen since 1900
- Find out quickly why Romans love their suppli’ (mouthwatering fried risotto ball)
- Homemade ravioli and two other daily pasta specials with wine and fresh bread at a local Osteria
- Meet Signora Vera, the neighborhood resident pastry chef for 40 years, and taste what she created fresh that day
- Get educated on real-deal gelato at Fatamorgana, the gelateria that introduced Romans to gourmet gelato
- Enjoy award-winning homemade dessert at Spirito di Vino, the 35th ranked restaurant on TripAdvisor out of over 5000 in Rome.
- Savor Italy’s famous moscato (dessert wine) in a wine cellar that’s older than the Colosseum
- The price includes 10 food tastings, and an always entertaining and personable English speaking guide.
- You’ll also receive our Food Lovers’ Guide to Rome: a printed guide full of insider’s tips about where to eat in the Italian capital, as well as details about each of our tour stops.
What’s Not Included
Transportation to and from the tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you. Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking. At the end of the tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction.
Daily at 10:45am, 11:30am and 12:15pm (except Sundays, Italian national holidays and all of August). The tour takes place in the neighborhood of Trastevere which is well connected by public transport. Exact meeting address and detailed directions are provided with your booking confirmation. The tour ends not too far from the meeting point and we can point you towards public transport or call you a taxi.