- 2½ hour walking tour in downtown Healdsburg, Sonoma County
- Fridays at 10:30 am (adding Saturdays in ’14)
- Flat route, 1 mile long
- 7 stops with generous tastings at each
- Tour limited to 12 people, advance tickets required
- Begins at 25 North St.
- $55 (+ $1 ticket fee) per person
Celebrate chocolate in many different forms on our exciting new Healdsburg tour. From chocolate beer to brownies to a chocolate port, you will marvel at the glories of the cacao bean! You’ll learn about how chocolate is made, its fascinating history and just why it is so good for your health. Our local guides will also share the history of this wine town– from its agricultural roots to its current culinary boom. You’ll leave this tour with a host of recommendations for dining and drinking in Healdsburg, and special shopping offers at many of the tour stops.
- Wine and chocolate pairing featuring the country’s first small batch artisan chocolate maker
- Local biére de chocolat and artisan dark chocolate bars
- Assorted gourmet truffles, including a celebrity favorite from the Oscars
- Fresh-brewed loose leaf chocolate tea from new boutique
- Chocolate craft cupcakes from Healdsburg’s “farm to cake” bakery
- Chocolate port from a Russian River winery and dessert wine tasting room
- Decadent brownies from a beloved local bakery run by Chez Panisse alums
NOTE: Chocolate lovers of all ages can participate in the tour, but guests must be 21 and up for the beer and wine tastings (no substitutions available).
Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.